Public Safety Advisor
Chief Mike Jones spent 35 years with the federal government. Thirty-one years of first responder experience as a Firefighter/EMT-B and four years on active duty in the US ARMY and is a Vietnam Veteran. He retired as the Commander Navy Region Hawaii Federal Fire Chief, with is the only Federal Fire Department responsible for fire and emergency services across DoD service lines and multiple jurisdictional concerns for all DoD in Hawaii.
While serving as Commander Navy Region Hawaii Federal Fire Chief, Mike Jones;
- Re-organized the Federal Fire Dept in Hawaii.
- Organized and implemented the Pacific Mobile Emergency Radio System (PACMERS) for Navy Region HI. Member of PACMERS Executive Board.
- Built, Funded and Staffed the Regional Operations Command and Control Center (ROCCC) (Consolidated Dispatch & Monitoring Center) for DOD in Hawaii.
-Assisted CNIC in the Design/Build and staffing of Regional Operations Command and Control Centers (Consolidated Dispatch & Monitoring Centers) for Navy Region Japan, Navy Region Guam, Navy Region North West and Navy Region South West.
- Member of Navy’s NERMS Executive Board.
- Organized, Funded & Staffed ALS Emergency Medical Transport with Federal Firefighters for Navy Region HI to include Marine Corp Base HI.
- Assisted CNIC in Organizing, Funding and Staffing ALS/BLS Emergency Medical Transport with Federal Firefighters Navy Wide.
In November 2005 Chief Jones retired from Federal Service and co-founded Native Hawaiian Veterans, LLC (NHV). As the Executive Vice President and Co-Founder of Native Hawaiian Veterans LLC, a veteran, and Native Hawaiian owned company. In seven years Mr. Jones helped build NHV LLC from a two-employee $0 Revenue Company to 150 employees and $20M in Revenues.
In November 2012 Chief Jones retired as the Executive Vice President and Co-Founder of Native Hawaiian Veterans LLC and is now the current CEO and Owner of Kupu Ka Eu, LLC a veteran owned and Native Hawaiian Owned Small Business, that continues to provide services and products in the Federal, State, and local levels.
In March 2018, Chief Jones joined the team here at the Specialized Services Group, LLC as the Executive Vice President. As a Native Hawaiian and Vietnam Veteran, with many years of Federal civil service and private sector business experience, Chief Jones is a highly valuable asset to the SSG team.